A cream pie that melts in your mouth with a chocolate ganache that lines the bottom of the pie shell that does not melt in your hands! A different kind of Banana Cream Pie that adds Marshmallow Creme to its filling which makes it the sweet of the sweets and adds that extra chocolate fix that we all crave when we need that oopf to get us through the day!! Enjoy with that cold glass of milk! And get instant AHH…….
1 – 9 inch pie shell (baked) bottom only
2 bananas ( peeled and cut in slices)
1 pint of heavy cream (whipped)
- 1 – 1/2 cups of milk (scalded)
- 1/2 cup of granulated (castor) sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks (beaten) in small bowl
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow creme
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat till it scalds
- Add sugar, stirring with a whisk constantly
- Add cornstarch and vanilla and keep stirring
- In the small bowl beat egg yolks and stir in a little hot milk custard. Using rubber spatula, stir back into milk mixture and keep stirring.
- Take off heat and add marshmallow creme, whisk till blended and let cool
- When cool enough to handle, place plastic wrap over pan and place in the refrigerator to cool down and set a little
- 1 tablespoon of strong coffee or expresso
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 4 ounces of chocolate ( I used 1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 dark chocolate)
- 1 Tablespoon of cold butter
- On top of a double boiler add coffee and cream to the pan and using whisk mix together
- Stirring constantly with a whisk add the chocolate and continue to whisk till smooth
- Add butter and blend till nice and smooth
- Take off heat and cool slightly
Spoon chocolate ganache in pie shell and smooth spreading out on the bottom. Let cool.
Place 1 sliced banana over the ganache and spread slices out
Take cooled pastry cream from refrigerator and spread over the bananas covering all
Add other sliced banana and place over pastry cream
Place plastic wrap over pie and refrigerate for at least 3 hours
Whip heavy cream with 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and spread over the top
Sit and Relax!!!